Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hooked, and Bringing Others to It Too...

I'm a spoilt brat. I mean, I am spoilt now. Five times in four weeks have I perfumed my breath through flavoured water, and now I can finally achieve the feeling of floating amongst the clouds, simply through my breathing...


I love Nirvana. I love breathing it. And I love tasting it two hours later, when it is just a memory, sweet and sad.


Let me tell you of this person I wanna call Dragon Lady, coz one of my friends titled her that. Wild black hair cascading onto her shoulders, black clothes hugging faithful limbs, and white smoke issuing forth from her lips like dragon's breath frosted and moving in slow motion, twisting and curling through the air and spreading the essence of Nirvana to intoxicate all who are near enough to be captivated by the spell. Add a cigarette, and the picture of a female motorbike maniac, wild and dangerous, becomes complete. Though the cigarette ain't there yet in the picture, and the bike's missing too, so we're not quite there. But the Dragon Lady is still quite dragon-ish on her own. With the smoke still curling out from her lips...


She ain't alone. There are others too. The Happy Chords Lady, and the Stranger With Candy, with the Sweet Cute Sexy Chick too. It's girl's night out, and celebration with perfumed smoke just brought life back to dead people in a dead city. All hooked, and fantasy is reflected by the glimmer of a sparkling sheesha.


Existence ain't a pretty thing. But it can become beautiful, for a brief sliver of time, when you have an ambience that is the total opposite of reality. But smoke floats up, disperses and disappears, and when the mist clears, you're back to square one, ground zero, where you have to continue on the road you're building for yourself.


I guess that's okay. Coz too much smoke can choke you.

1 comment: