Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Parallel To A Football Match

I'm watching a football match on TV at the moment. Everyone's asleep. I've never paid football any attention before.

A friend of mine just recommended this match. He seems to be a sports freak - I've only recently started talking to him. I don't know any rules of football, I don't know the playing procedure or the scoring protocol; I've never even kicked a ball before, let alone play football. But I'm still enjoying the match.

I'm on vacation, and I'm pretty bored at the moment. A vacation is supposed to be spent usefully, to take time out and do stuff that you don't normally have time to do, in the course of school, college or work. I'm not doing anything. I feel like such a lowlife, such a cheat. I'm ashamed and that's probably why I haven't called or talked to anyone. The list keeps mounting day by day.

Anyway this match is something different. I'm feeling the urge to write, so I guess this means some of the cobwebs are being blown out of my brain. I wish I had a proper writing table.

Okay, one team just scored. Both teams seem to be quite evenly matched - this team that just scored got it because it was a penalty kick awarded thanks to being fouled by the other team. I get the feeling a lot of goals are scored that way... else the way this game seems to proceed, each team will always get blocked every time they try to score! Even though the goal net is so wide, it doesn't seem to be an easy task to kick the ball in, particularly when you're being cobbled by the other team, and you have a particularly wary goalie facing you!

Anyway game's over, and one team managed to win. God, they're so happy. They have a goal to chase!

No comments: