Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Last Day in College

It's the last day in college. Of this semester.

For me, of my second year as a college student. There are so many things I've seen, so many things I've heard, and a glimpse, very vague, of the huge amount of stuff yet to come.

There are just a few hours left. Before I leave this city. Before an entire generation of people leaves forever, embarking on a journey each to his own horizon. Only a few hours I have, in which to gain the maximum I can from this generation. There are only four that I really want to know or meet. Three are easy to obtain. It's the thought of the fourth that kills me.

My character has gone through a complete apostasy. It's not visible to most, though. But where it is, people are completely shocked, though they're getting over it now. Not more shocked than myself though. It's amazing how someone can change in twelve months.

My thinking, my attitude, my behaviour, my tolerance, the rationality of judgement, the purity of my character, the sweetness of my nature, the generosity of my heart, the clarity of my mind - everything has gone through a sinusoidal shaped curve upon the axis of time. I am quite still what I was, to a great extent, and yet some things have changed, irreversibly, some things have begun, irrevocably, and some things have ended, irrefutably. I have both lost and not lost, gained and not gained.

I didn't have any idea where I was headed. Or where I wanted to be. I still don't. Time's ticking away, and it's so unreal I could just stand still and watch all the colours just swirl and spin by in fast motion, and nobody would ber able to catch me as I fall, and I wouldn't be able to comprehend what's going on around me, even though my mind is completely aware of what's taking place.

I'm actually writing all this, and will type it into the blog later. But at the moment I just realize: I have really nice handwriting.

People are amazing. And the way you can get to meet and know people, interact with them, learn from them, teach them, talk to them, argue with them, make acquaintances, make friends; it's all just so amazing. I've come to meet and know three times more people in second year than I did in first year, which is natural and logical, and yet pleasing to know.

So many events have shaped the course of thought, as it meanders over the plains of time, to join the ocean of the past.

I've had so many firsts this year. So many new things as well. So much has happened to me, both good and bad. Everything has served to teach me a lesson. Somebody once told me, nature teaches you a hundred lessons everyday, of which perhaps only two get into your head. Doesn't matter, because the remaining will continue to be taught, until they get drilled into you.

How right he was.

1 comment:

chandrakumar said...

nice one da
so.. u met the fourth???