Sunday, February 11, 2007

Blue Sky and Golden Sun

I'm sick. I'm sad. And I'm broken.

And I've missed the lecture of a screwy prof. The first lecture of the day. The first lecture of the first day of spring.

The first day of spring. It's warm again. The sun is shining again as the sun shines, golden shine warming up the green earth. It's beautiful; not blazing hot, yet sunny and bright. And I'm sad. And broken.

The first day of spring. Winter has been delightful, like it always is in these parts, but today brings the first blue sky in weeks. Bright blue, beautiful deep blue, blue in all its shades, from the eastern horizon to the western, and all shades merging together like no beginning and no end, no line and no border, reflecting the green and brown shades of the earth. I don't know why, but there is more green today upon the earth's face than there has been for weeks.

The first day of spring. Golden sun under a blue sky. I bunked the first lecture of the first day of spring. And I'm alone on the roof above the classroom where my fellow students are working their brains. While I work my senses. And above my head is the commonest sight humans ever see, but I'm seeing it in totally new light. The commonest thing people feel, but today I realize it. And I'm broken.

But I'm healing. Slowly.

No comments: