Thursday, February 21, 2013

Random Conversation: Are We Players?

Last night, my friend and I were sharing some gossip about our mutual friends, catching up as I had been out of touch for a long time.

She told me about this one guy, who has always sworon to us that he would never get into a relationship, on account of his mother who didn't approve, and his own observation of his friends who went through dramatic roller-coasters in their own love lives.

"He's become a player," she said.
"What?"
"He's become a player."
"WHAT? Player? What? But... but he always swore he wanted to stay away from women! What happened?"
"He grew up. He finally grew up, and his hormones kicked in, and he gave in to them."
"Oh my goodness..."
"Yeah, he's become a player."
"Doesn't it seem like every guy goes through this phase?"
"You think so? No... I know plenty of guys who aren't like this..."
"You're lucky then, because it seems like almost every guy I know has gone through this..."
"Do you think we are players?"
"What?"
"You and me. Do you think we are players?"
"You and me? No. No, we are not players."
"Hmmm..."
"I mean, we could be, if we wanted to. I don't see why not - we're both smart, educated, forward thinking, good-looking - reasonably good-looking at the least... we could be players if we tried. It would be so easy to toy with the hearts of boys. But I don't find within myself any desire to do so."
"Neither do I... oh well."

No comments: