Friday, December 16, 2011

I Miss You

There is a nip in the cold air,
And the last rays of the setting sun remind me of you. 
I can't eat, can't drink, can't sleep, my mind goes numb,
And in the numbness, I remember you and sense you. 
I sense your presence. Even the biting air of the winter dusk,
Tastes cold and sharp and wild, and tastes like you,
And brings to mind many similar nights gone by, each marked clear and crisp, 
Fresh and fragrant, with the memories created by me and you. 
The sky is a beautiful colour, a colour that will come tomorrow and yet never be repeated, 
And that colour, glorious and fleeting, mesmerizing, is the colour of you. 

The moon with her sweet shine, glowing softly through my window,
The dawn gently breaking out on her wings of gold,
The yellow grass peeking out through the crystal snow
And the leaves of the trees standing firm against the cold,
All these come together, and surround me, and hug me, and kiss me,
And I close my eyes, and I am warm, and once again, I am with you. 

I remember you. 

(dedicated to GR)

No comments: