Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life Without a Camera

I'm depressed. Well, not really. I'm just unhappy about my camera. Its power supply circuit seems to have some problem, so it ain't working, and I'm sad coz of that.

May be weird, but it's justified. I love my camera. It's a very simple old model, and there are much better ones available on the market today. But I am attached to this one, because of the simple awesome pix I have taken with it. It has come with me wherever I have gone, and I have gone so snap-happy all over the place, it's hard to imagine life without it.

Sure, there's a lot of trash floating around about how the best pictures and the best memories are always in the mind, and can never be captured on a cam, and so on and so forth. Get real. We live in a material world, and I like to have something solid and real to look at, when I'm remembering an old friend or a nice trip. Taking a trip down Memory Lane is a lot simpler and a lot more lively when you have the photo to look at, of each turn and twist of the lane. Besides, it always feels good to look at th3e reminder of what you've done - the photograph taken by your camera.

My cam needs repair. Hopefully I'll be able to find a place that will repair it well enough that it stays repaired. You can't trust anyone these days.

No comments: